Senior Gateway (RF) Support Engineer, Network Operations
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space.
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning.
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first.
- Be a part of our world-class gateway support engineering team.
Who You Are:
You’re passionate about engineering and developing your skills in a challenging technological environment. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You are a great communicator who is calm under pressure and passionate about operations. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
The Senior Gateway (RF) Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the successful GNOC operations. The Senior Engineer will work within the Network Operations team and utilize their considerable previous expertise in Gateway Network integration and operations to ensure a successful OneWeb program. The role may occasionally require working on a shift basis. Responsibilities include:
- Act as the Gateway (RF) Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the GNOC UK operations team.
- Provide RF and Gateway technical leadership to Network Operations staff members.
- Define and document the operational processes required to integrate and support Gateway operations.
- Define the configuration of Network Management Systems (NMS) to ensure a smooth and continuous network operations within the GNOC.
- Interact frequently with GNOC Test Engineers, Ground Network Engineers, OneWeb Network Engineers and User Terminal Engineers to perform system integration and operations.
- Monitor the GNOC network for alarms and faults, perform Fault Diagnostics, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR).
- Lead Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security (FCAPS) network management within the network operations team.
- Review and evaluate Incident, Change and Problem records related to Gateway operations to ensure the relevant incident data, method of procedures, back out plans, resolution details and root cause investigations are captured correctly.
- Create and deliver Gateway training packages to the Network Operations staff members.
- Own the continual service improvement of Gateway performance and operational procedures.
What it Takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years’ experience gained in a live Network Operations environment.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, operating, and maintaining local and remote baseband, IF, RF, antennas, and WAN/LAN equipment.
- Extensive experience in testing of Gateway Antenna systems and subsystems.
- Extensive experience in performing RF Data Analysis & Pre-launch Optimization of Gateway sites and equipment.
- Solid working knowledge of Satellite Communications Baseband, Network Management, and Modem systems equipment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Uplink Power Control and ACM Adaptive Coding and Modulation.
- Working knowledge of IP routing and networking.
- In-depth prior experience of satellite/telecommunications network operations.
- Detailed understanding of Network Management system software used in satellite and/or telecommunications systems.
- Expertise in and the ability to develop and thoroughly document network operational procedures.
- Self-starter, proactively takes the lead/initiative to ensure operational issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What we’d love:
- Experiencing working within a Greenfield or rapidly scaling environment.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering and end to end system testing.
- Experience with satellite ground systems, satellite operations, and/or ground systems operations/development. Experience with MEO/LEO systems a plus.
- Ability to develop test scripts using Python or similar scripting language.
- CCNP/JNCIP or other equivalent certification.
- Dataminer experience.
- Linux Experience.
- Experience with Network Virtualisation and Cloud system management.
- Experience with high-capacity networks a plus.
- Understanding of data and RF network testing concepts – e.g. RFC2544 Testing.
Where you’ll be:
- In our White City Office in London, UK office.
* No 3rd party agencies
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world