Senior Manager, Sales Engineering, Americas
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
· Be part of the technology revolution in Space.
· Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
· Lead our world-class team of talented sales engineers across the Americas.
· Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first.
Who You Are:
You’re a team leader, you care for what you do and for the people you work with. You’re passionate about satellite communications systems and business growth. You’re agile and love rolling up your sleeves. You read, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You’re sparked by a fast pace and new challenges. You possess superb communications skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey information to customers, your team and senior staff members. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Manager, Sales Engineering at OneWeb, you will lead a team of sales engineers across the Americas and you will play a key role in OneWeb’s business growth.
You will be responsible for supporting the sales engineers in the Enterprise vertical and for hiring new talent to grow the Enterprise sales engineering team. Working as a specialist member of the customer facing sales team you will understand the customer’s business needs and match them to a compelling OneWeb service solution comprising of elements from the OneWeb product and services catalogue targeting the Carrier & Enterprise Sector. Working with your team and other stakeholders you will use your broad engineering knowledge and consultative techniques to ensure that our distribution partners and telco customers provide the best possible solutions for their customers. This hands-on team leadership role is instrumental in our revenue growth, supporting the commercial team as they drive the growth of our business in the Carrier & Enterprise sector. Your role will include in-depth customer technical support, leading technical sales and demos, influencing market requirements, and driving sales.
Our Sales Engineers are innovative, sharp, passionate, and professional. They enjoy collaborating with both our sales and product teams, backed up by our engineering teams, and interacting with our customers to understand their service needs and communicate this back to the organisation.
· Line management of the sales engineering enterprise team in the Americas region, including: developing staff, setting objectives, running regular one-to-ones, performance reviews and hiring new team members.
· Create a spirit of teamwork for the team members.
· Technical pre-sales support in promoting OneWeb’s products to our customers (Distribution Partners and telcos) in the Carrier & Enterprise sector.
· Liaise with key target customers to influence the early stages of the sales cycle, qualify the prospect and to shape OneWeb’s product and service offering
· Use extensive technical knowledge and analytical skills to address customer questions around capability, system performance, network integration, and competitive positioning etc.
· Operate as the technical expert and customer solutions engineer for OneWeb products, services and wider technologies critical to our commercial team; keep current in this technology and become a thought leader and trusted consultant to the customer base in the Carrier & Enterprise sector
· Drive the communication of the capabilities of the OneWeb global network to prospective customers and assist in the capture of evolving market requirements to drive product development life cycles
· Oversee the bid teams to provide logical, technically robust and commercially persuasive responses to formal and informal RFPs and RFIs
· Define and oversee customer demonstrations, including developing demonstrations of common customer use cases, and pre-service end-to end service trials
· Interface with key end-users to educate them about the key aspects of OneWeb’s products and services
· Play a central role in supporting the commercial team to drive uptake of OneWeb’s products and services and increasing revenue through prospective and existing accounts
· Project manage Proof of Concept for prospect customers.
· Define and manage team and personal objectives for all team members.
What It Takes:
· BSc/BEng in a relevant technical degree or equivalent (Electrical/Electronic Engineering/ Telecommunications/Computer Sciences)
· Team leadership skills.
· Proven experience in providing robust technical advice and solutions to customers in the Carrier & Enterprise Sector
· Very good knowledge of end-to-end Data Network Solutions, Traffic Management, QOS and Network Security
· Knowledge of Network Routing and Network Slicing
· An advantage would be 3GPP/LTE systems knowledge
· Strong communication skills: ability to articulate technical material to both a technical and non-technical audience verbally and as a technical author
· Commercially astute; strong negotiation skill, and a proven ability to influence customer interactions and requirements in line with wider divisional/corporate goals
· Be a creative thinker and solution focused.
· Willing to travel internationally with cultural awareness, and the ability to build regional market knowledge and intelligence
What We’d Love:
· 10 years experience and as well in a relevant Sales Engineering/Product Development leadership position.
· Understanding of the Telcos and Carriers challenges, any previous experience working with the telco industry vertical would be an advantage.
Where You’ll Be: Virginia, US.
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world
*NO 3rd PARTY AGENCIES