Senior Director, Spectrum Engineering
London, UK or Remote depending on Background and Experience
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
• Be part of the technology revolution in Space
• Bring transformative broadband connectivity to remote places for the first time
• Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
• The opportunity to be a part of the next generation constellation
Who You Are:
You are an experienced (Senior) Director and are passionate about regulatory issues. You are relentless in your pursuit of successful outcomes and are excited to work in a fast-paced environment. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space. You are detail-oriented and enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders to solve complex problems. You love rolling up your sleeves and making things happen. You’re sparked by a fast pace, new challenges, and always have an eye on achieving business outcomes. You lead discussions, build consensus, push boundaries, and crush deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
• Lead frequency coordination discussions with other NGSO and GSO operators to secure OneWeb interference environment in accordance with the ITU Radio Regulations and relevant national regulations
• Manage relationship with OneWeb filing administrations and ITU
• Work cohesively with other members of the Spectrum Engineering, Market Access and Regulatory teams, to drive strategy and determine tactical actions on spectrum policy activities around the globe
• Manage preparation of technical material for licensing and market access applications worldwide
• Prepare, defend, and advocate for OneWeb positions in relation to regulatory developments at domestic, regional (CITEL, CEPT, ASMG, ATU, APT and RCC) and international (ITU) meetings in preparation for World Radiocommunication Conferences
• Own complex technical regulatory and policy projects in the areas of satellite regulations, spectrum management and licensing to support the development of the OneWeb systems
• Support the technical teams in ensuring compliance with frequency coordination and regulatory requirements for testing and operations of existing and future OneWeb systems, and propose effective and creative solutions
What It Takes:
• Demonstrated experience with:
- ITU Radio Regulations, related satellite filing processes, and ITU study groups
- FCC filings and proceedings
- Modeling tools, such as Visualyse, MATLAB, or STK
• Extensive experience in satellite coordination
• Strong computer skills, especially in modeling tools such as MatLab, STK, Visualyse, and/or others.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferred in electrical/electronics/ telecommunications), and regulatory experience in satellite spectrum matters.
• 10+ years of combined, related work experience in a national government or in the private sector for a global technology or telecommunication company with expertise in technical regulations and standards.
• Experience in working with multinational and multicultural teams, and in managing projects and people.
• Analytical ability required to review and analyze information and data to recommend policies, procedures and formulate any required actions.
• Excellent presentation skills, with demonstrated persuasive argument and advocacy skills, balancing these with the art of negotiation, compromise, and sound judgment.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is essential, and strong knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications.
Where You’ll Be:
• This position is based in London, UK but we are flexible on location depending on background and experience
* No 3rd party agencies
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world