User Terminal Delivery Engineer
UK - London, US - Virginia
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
• Be part of the technology revolution in Space
• Bring transformative broadband connectivity to remote places for the first time
• Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
• Directly support the OneWeb service and business plan by managing complex technical regulatory and spectrum policy positions around the globe
Who you are:
Since the launch of our service, OneWeb has been developing and expanding our User Terminal (UT) portfolio at swift pace in order the satisfy different market segments and the customers’ needs. The UT Delivery Team is responsible for the development of the UT as well as managing the relationship with manufacturers while working closely with the Systems Engineering team in the definition and concept design. The UT Delivery Team includes an embedded product management function to shape and define the current and future OneWeb UT product suite.
This is an exciting opportunity to join OneWeb’s UT Delivery Team to help develop, certify and productise UTs that deliver high speed and low latency broadband connectivity via our LEO constellation. Ideally based in the UK or the East Coast of the US, the candidate will report to OneWeb’s Principal UT Systems Delivery Engineer and will work closely with our UT Systems Engineering lead to support the design and productisation activities of our vendors, the roll out of OneWeb’s enhanced services, and the troubleshooting of both UT specific and system-wide issues utilising all the experience and feedback learnt from the field. In addition, the candidate will work with technology partners on the design of antenna and satellite tracking algorithms to further enhance the performance of the UT antenna.
2022 and 2023 will see the birth of our upcoming Maritime terminals that will help support the launch of OneWeb’s Maritime services. The candidate will be expected to lead the type approval testing campaign for the new maritime UTs, which requires experience in Satellite Communications tailored to the maritime sector. Knowledge in maritime certification and applications such as engine monitoring, navigation, etc, is highly desirable.
Due to the nature of the role, the candidate may be required to travel to partners’ and customers’ premises to troubleshoot and support any UT related issues.
- Work with the UT Delivery and OW system delivery and engineering teams to lead troubleshooting & fault analysis of any UT related issues as part of development and/or system rollout stages
- Manage & track the progress of all UT related bug fixes using bug management systems and liaising with internal and external third-party stakeholders
- Design & lead the test/validation campaign of new UT software and hardware
- Support the design & development of the UT and participate in design and program reviews as advised by the program team
- Where needed, develop the software toolkit or simulation tools to automate the UT testing & validation
- Review design & test reports as provided by UT developers and certified test houses during certification and regulatory approval stages
- Provide support to define and optimise the UT Concept of Operations
- Work closely with the UT Product Management Team to shape and define the future product roadmap
- Provide hands-on training and workshops to our internal CTAC Team (customer support)
- International travel required
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous working experience in User Terminal development, certification & Systems Engineering for 5+ years within the Satellite Communications Industry.
- Hands-on experience on satellite user terminal technology & troubleshooting
- Experience in testing maritime UT & familiar with maritime applications e.g. navigation, engine management for maritime use cases
- A degree in Computer Science or Telecommunication
- Good understanding of Cellular Technologies would be desirable, e.g. 3GPP
- Demonstrate excellent logical & methodological problem-solving skills
- Experience in liaising and managing third party supplier and stakeholder led development initiatives
- Capable of working under pressure & challenging deadlines
- Experience in software programming
Where You’ll Be:
London, UK or Virginia, US
*No 3rd Party Agencies
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world