Technical Operations Manager
Technical Operations Manager
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
- Be part of the technology revolution in Space
- Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
- Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
- Lead our world-class ground network operations team.
Who You Are:
You’re some who thrives on working in a fast paced and dynamic environments. You’re passionate about leading and want to be at the centre of the action, orchestration and coordinating the activities required for smooth operations. You listen, learn, examine, and are full of ideas. You are a great communicator who is calm under pressure, leads by example, and is passionate about operations. You want to make a real difference in the world by revolutionizing technology in Space.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and execute all actions necessary to achieve Service Level Agreements (SLA), maintain system availability and to deliver smooth operations across OneWeb technical operations
- Lead and manage nominal and all scheduled activities across OneWeb technical operations
- Accountable for the high availability of all services transiting the OneWeb network. Act as focal point for any customer related escalations
- Accountable for the delivery of the resource plan across the OneWeb system. Possess a detailed understanding on the Global Cloud Service architecture and how the resource plan is scheduled, delivered, and activated as per the operational CONOPS
- Accountable for the availability of all OneWeb Ground Infrastructure elements, Core and WAN networks. Act as a focal point for any vendor escalations
- Responsible for assessing service impact during Situation and Service at Risk, allocating technically skilled resources, driving anomaly response meetings, ensuring complete plans to recover are drafted and executed
- Accountable for delivering proactive customer notifications during service interruptions and post event reason for outages
- Responsible for providing operational updates, including leadership situational awareness, during and post event analyses and end of shift reports that highlight system availability, service at risks and known challenges
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of shift handover and stand-up briefings session, ensures proper shift handovers are completed across operations prior to accepting or releasing control of technical operations.
- Lead a team of shift engineers, fostering a culture of personal development and operational continual service improvements. Conduct regular 1-2-1 session, develop personal improvement plans and provide clear and consistent feedback
- Manage shift levels, training and development plans, and paid time off requests to ensure adequate resources are available to support 24/7/365 operations
What |t Takes:
- Extensive experience of leadership and people management within a 24/7 operational environment.
- Ability to think logically and make rational decisions which then translate into actions that will improve the level of customer service and capability across operations
- Extensive experience dealing with conflicting and highly complex information in near real time
- Demonstrated experience in working to SLA and KPI contractual commitments
- Highly motivated to make a difference within your own and your teams’ performance
- Proven ability to drive change across a fast paced operational environment.
- Excellent communications skills: oral and written with the ability to convey ideas and technical information clearly and concisely to Customers, senior staff members and engineers
- Strong technical understanding of telecom or satcom environment
- Ability to socialise complex technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Inquisitive mind, strong sense of ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We’d Love:
- You embrace change and have an openness to new ideas and ways of working
- Experience in global market
- Direct experience with LEO ground stations
Where you’ll be:
- Leading our 24/7 shift operations in our London, UK office.
* No 3rd party agencies
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world