Graduate Ground Support Engineer, Network Operations
What You’ll Do:
The Graduate Ground Support Engineer is a member of the OneWeb Technical Operations team operating out of our Global Network Operations Centre (GNOC) in London. The Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the successful operations across satellite network portals (SNPs) and PoPs. This includes monitoring the network for alarms and faults, and performing Fault Diagnostics, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR). The role will require working on a shift basis to support our 24*7 live operations.
· Be a key part of the eyes and ears of our technical operations team.
· Perform fault detection, isolation, and recovery across the technical operations landscape.
· Work alongside Senior Engineers across RF, IP network, Core LTE and Cloud operations during complex fault investigations.
· Contribute to the creation of desk level procedures that will support operations grow towards commercial service introduction.
· Create and update incident, change and problem tickets related to operational issues, maintenance tasks and technical investigations.
· Perform proactive analysis and conduct heath checks to identify network anomalies before the impact commercial service.
What It Takes:
· Degree or equivalent qualification in a technical field.
· Accreditation or practical experience to show STEM or Satellite Communication related activities.
· Excellent communications skills: ability to convey ideas and technical information clearly and concisely to engineers and senior staff members.
· Self-starter proactively takes the lead/initiative to ensure operational issues are resolved effectively and efficiently.
· The personal attributes necessary to perform this role are primarily a methodical, logical organised mind. This needs to be supported by a tidy approach to completing tasks and achieving deadlines as well as communicating the outcome. We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, customer focused individual to join our vibrant and expanding team.
· You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box', an innate curiosity of technology and love of developing new technical skills and tools. You should be able to communicate ideas and solutions.
· You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
· You should be flexible and able to work in shifts including weekends & nights to support 24*7 operations.
What We’d Love:
· Accreditation from a relevant professional institution (IET or similar) is desirable. • Qualifications in data networking such as Cisco or other network manufacturer accreditation is also desirable.
· Passion for Satellite industry and interest in cutting edge technologies.
· Knowledge of scripting, coding or Linux would be a bonus.
Where You’ll Be: London, UK based.