Director, Integration & Test
Director, Integration and Test, Access Layer Program
With OneWeb, You’ll Get To:
· Be part of the technology revolution in Space
· Accelerate your career through fast paced experiential learning and executive-level exposure
· Work with razor-sharp colleagues in a company where people come first
Who You Are: You’re passionate about the development and commercial rollout of global satellite communications systems or telecommunications systems. You’re a successful team leader of a geographically dispersed engineering team. You have an impressive track record of successfully leading the System Integration and Testing campaigns for new, large, and complex Satellite Communications or Telecommunications Systems and delivering the system into initial commercial service on schedule. You’re very inquisitive and pay attention to details. You possess superb communications skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and technical information to stakeholders and senior staff members. You also have proven technology development partner vendor management experience for large programs with tight schedules and complex dependencies.
What You’ll Do:
The Director, Integration and Test, Access Layer Program will drive and manage the growing matrixed team of System Integration and Test Engineers and Program Managers in performing the System Integration and Testing of the OneWeb System. The team comprising of OneWeb staff, external contractors and technology development partners . The extensive testing campaigns will be performed in phases as the OneWeb Network is deployed globally and as the OneWeb system is enhanced and augmented to support new service products and an expanding list of new user terminal types. You will pay attention to detail and use your proven expertise on similar broad global programs to lead and influence the team to define, execute and report on the System Integration and Test campaigns needed to fully Verify and Validate the OneWeb Global System end-to-end. You will oversee lab testing and over-the-air testing involving User Terminals, the OneWeb Satellite Constellation and the Ground Network and provide regular status reports to senior staff members. You will be responsible for program managing several development programs with a number of OneWeb’s technology development partners as well as defining budgets and maintaining program schedules. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced rapidly changing test environment and provide leadership and direction to the various test teams. You will work collaboratively with our partner technology vendors, system engineers, network architects, product managers, project stakeholders, Distribution Partners and the OneWeb Management Team.
• Leading and defining the OneWeb System Integration and Test Programs and Campaigns
• Directing and mentoring OneWeb System Integration and Test Engineers
• Directing external vendors and contractors that are executing System Integration and Test campaigns
• Program managing a number of technology development, and system testing support programs including defining budget and maintaining program schedules
• Collaborating with OneWeb staff across all functional areas
• Reporting status of System Integration and Test Programs to Senior staff members and the OneWeb Program Management Office
• Engaging with OneWeb’s Distribution Partners during initial service trials for new service products and user terminal introduction.
• Translation of complex information into clear communications, documents and reports as required for use across the business and externally
What It Takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering or Physics with over 15 years of related vocational experience.
• Strong leadership and relationship management skills
• Proven Leadership and accountability of large Systems Integration and Test campaigns for a newly developed Satellite Communications or Telecommunications network in readiness for commercial service introduction.
• Strong understanding of test equipment, testing software and test management platforms.
• Strong understanding of data and radio frequency network testing concepts and systems performance and traffic management reference standards
• Ability to drive alignment between different testing programs, identify blockers and gaps and be resolution driven
• Proven global team leadership and program management experience
• Ability to manage, and provoke change where required to improve efficiencies
• Willing to travel internationally to meet with technology development partners and team members working in different geographical locations
What We’d Love:
· Experience with LEO/MEO satellite systems and their systems CONOPS and systems performance variables and their optimization.
· 3GPP/LTE systems knowledge
· Knowledge of automated test platforms and their introduction to improve resource efficiencies, scaling and standardisation
Where You’ll Be: London, UK. Travel up to 15% of the time.
OneWeb is a global leader in connectivity from Space. We are building a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites with a network of global gateway stations and a range of user terminals to provide an affordable, fast, high-bandwidth and low-latency broadband communications services, connected to the IoT future and a pathway to 5G. Find out more at http://www.oneweb.world